Sunday, January 15, 2012

Can Mama's REALLY do it all?

I have been pondering what to say in my first post on my new blog site.  It just hit me.  It is 10:30 at night and it has been a packed day.  Am I really supposed to be everything to everyone and not go crazy?  Up since 7:30 am cooking a good breakfast for my family of six...some want  fried eggs, one who only wants fried egg whites, one who wants scrambled with salt, one who wants scrambled with cheese and salt, one who wants scramble with only cheese and who wants Lucky Charms.  Not to mention the Orange Danishes in the oven and  the sausage.  Then I begin my daily drill sargent routine..."Wash hands and face; brush teeth; get dressed!!"  Every morning!  Ok, so it's out the door and headed to church.  Arrive at church, teenagers are being cranky.  In the middle of church, the teenage girl is crying over her prayer book.  Take her out to the parish hall to see what is wrong..."Papa looked at me mean!"  REALLY? Teenage hormones are a bitch!  Finish church, then it's off to fill up with gas, get my Sonic drink and head to pick up a different teenage girl with my teenage son.  This is to be his first date...but it's not really a date because, "I'm not sixteen yet and you said I couldn't date until I was sixteen, so this is not a date...right?"  Brat!   Sent Papa and the other 3 children home with a list of chores to do that I know will not get done while I head 50 miles to Lufkin with my 14 year old and his "not a date" friend.  Sit 5 rows behind them in the movie theatre trying to be cool.  But I also had to take a few pictures...it's the scrapbooker's rule!!  Then rush back to town after the movie; deliver the "not a date" to her dad; take teenage boy to meet other teenagers at church for a sleepover with the youth group.  Meet husband and twins.  Husband wants steak so it's off to a restaurant for be a family of four.  Arrive home at around 8 pm, watch movie with twins for "family movie time".  10:30 send them to bed and husband wants a "date night"?  OMG!!  Is it just me or do you feel tired just reading this???  After a day of taking care of everyone...now I have to be romantic?  Well, can Mama's really do it all??   Redneck Mama says....YES  or we'll die trying!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment